These Blueberry Crumb Bars have an easy, press-in pie crust and tons of fresh blueberry filling! It is the best blueberry crumb bars recipe.
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
Blueberries are finally in season, and I just couldn’t be more delighted about it. I love that blueberries are grown down here in Florida, and the U pick farms are plentiful.
Even though last year Jonathan and I managed to separately tromp on two different fire ant hills during our annual trip to the blueberry farm, it remains one of our favorite family outings from each year that we’ve lived here. It was actually our first outing as a family of four- notice our 3 week old Michael snug on my chest!
It will probably be one of the things that I miss from here most. When and where else can you get like 10 lbs of blueberries for $20?
I used my first round of Fresh From Florida blueberries for the year to make these incredible bars- they are like 50% lemon bars (if lemon bars were, in fact, made out of blueberries, and 50% blueberry pie. Adapted from my new favorite pie crust (from Epicurious), and instead of rolling it out, I used a fork to press it into the pan. Also, I adapted the topping from my Blueberry Buckle and the filling from my Blueberry Pie to round out the dish. I threw the pan in the oven and hoped that everything would come together just as I had envisioned.
These were seriously so delicious! They are basically a pie, with a thicker crust, that you can carry around and eat with no judgement.
Blueberry Crumb Bars
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 9 tablespoons butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make the crust: In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, sugar, salt and cubed butter. Pulse until the mixture begins to turn crumbly. While the food processor is running, add the apple cider vinegar and then stop the machine.
- Turn the dough out into a 9x13 baking pan. Use two forks to press the dough evenly into the pan. Place in freezer for 15 minutes while you make your remaining components.
- In a large bowl, toss together the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and cornstarch.
- In your food processor bowl, pulse together the flour and sugar for the topping. Add the softened butter and pulse until crumbles form.
- Remove your baking pan from the freezer. Top with the blueberries, then sprinkle the crumb topping over.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until topping is browned and filling is bubbling. Let cool before cutting into squares and serving.
Fresh from Florida has a ton of great blueberry recipes over on their site too, so make sure to check them all out! You can find Fresh From Florida blueberries in your Florida grocery store or market- just look for the label!
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- No Bake Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake Eggrolls
- Blueberry Crisp
- Bakery Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Buckle
- Double Berry Croissant Bread Pudding with Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce
- Angel Food Cake with Lemon Curd, Fresh Berries and Meringue Rosettes
- Grilled Mascarpone and Berry Croissant