After you’ve tried this easy Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac, you’ll never want to buy the boxed stuff again! It’s cheesy, creamy, and perfect for busy weeknights!
This Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac is the best easy recipe for busy weeknights. Hamburger Helper doesn’t compare to this homemade cheeseburger mac!
Did you ever eat Hamburger Helper growing up? It wasn’t often that my mom made boxed dinners like that, but I did have it a few times. My mom is a wonderful cook, but sometimes even she needed a quick and easy meal to serve for dinner. The few times that we did have it, I really loved it. I mean, with pasta, cheese and beef, what’s not to love right?
Hamburger Helper seems to be one of those dinners that every mom defaults to on busy weeknights. Besides the hamburger, everything comes in the box and it’s ready in like 15 minutes. Easy peasy.
There have been a few times that I’ve made a homemade version of this family favorite, and it always gets devoured with rarely any leftovers. So in keeping with my Instant Pot theme lately, I set out to experiment with an Instant Pot version.
The best part about this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac is that it is practically dump and go – and SO quick! It’s everything you want in an easy weeknight meal, plus it’s kid-approved. An amped up version of mac and cheese with beef in it? Yes, please!
How to Make Cheeseburger Macaroni
You are going to love how easy this recipe is! Other than browning the meat, it’s pretty effortless. Just throw all of the ingredients (including the browned meat) into the Instant Pot and you’re done!
I used a mixture of Velveeta, mild cheddar and sharp cheddar. That, along with the half and half ensures that this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac is super creamy and delicious.
Please NOTE: This recipe calls for 4 teaspoons of coarse kosher salt. Do NOT use 4 teaspoons of regular salt- it will be too salty. If you are using regular iodized table salt, start with 1 teaspoon and then do a final seasoning at the end to suit your taste.
Tools needed to make the best Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe:
- All you need for this recipe is an Instant Pot! It has easily become one of my favorite kitchen tools, and I’m sure you’ll love it too.
If you liked this Cheeseburger Mac N Cheese, check out these other easy weeknight meals:
- Instant Pot Tender Brisket and Gravy
- Easy Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef 90% lean
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tsp coarse kosher salt- if using regular salt use 1 teaspoon and then add more as necessary at end
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 oz Velveeta cubed
- 3 cups shredded sharp/mild cheddar
- 2 1/2 cups half and half or milk warmed
- Heat the inner pot using the SAUTE function.
- When display reads HOT, add the ground beef to the pot along with 2 tsp of the salt, pepper, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder. Use a wooden spoon to break up into fine pieces.
- Add the macaroni to the pot and then pour over the beef stock. Make sure as much of the noodles are covered as possible, but do not stir.
- Cover the pressure cooker and lock lid in place. Ensure sealing valve is set to SEAL, and set the pot for HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- When timer beeps, quick release the pressure. Pour in the milk and add the cheeses to the pot. Stir pasta together gently until cheeses are melted and creamy. Taste test and season with up to 2 tsp of remaining coarse kosher salt (or needed amount of regular salt). Sauce will thicken as it stands.