When it comes to easy dinners, this Instant Pot Brisket and Gravy is the best! With tender, juicy beef and a gravy that is out of this world, it’s totally mouthwatering!
If you’re looking for the best Instant Pot Brisket, you’ve found it with this Instant Pot Tender Brisket and Gravy recipe!
There are a couple of things that I know must be pretty clear at this point when it comes to this blog.
- I’m more than a little in love with my Instant Pot lately. Since half of my family received them for Christmas, I’ve been extra motivated to develop more recipes for it.
- I’m clearly a fan of beef brisket recipes. I just can’t get enough of a good piece of brisket. Cooked properly, they have amazing flavor and absolutely melt in your mouth. One of the first recipes that I ever posted was this Belgian-Ale Braised Brisket (please ignore how utterly atrocious the pictures are, so embarrassing to see now!), and my favorite meal that my mom makes is this Slow Cooker Brisket and Gravy.
But judging from the fact that these recipes have been going crazy in the Instant Pot Facebook group, you guys are enjoying the overload of Instant Pot recipes just as much as I am. A win-win for everyone!
Now on to the recipe.
As stated before, I am a huge fan of brisket. But as with any tender meat, it needs to be cooked for a looooong time. In fact, my Slow Cooker Brisket and Gravy needs to be slow cooked on low for 8 hours.
So, in sticking with my Instant Pot theme lately, I ventured to make it in the Instant Pot. I was able to cut the time down to just about an hour and 15 minutes. That’s a far cry from 8 hours, and not a lot of time considering how tender and delicious it turned out! And with only five ingredients, you really can’t beat it!
What to serve with Brisket:
- My family always serves this dish with a side of either Creamy Whipped Potatoes or Garlic Mashed Potatoes. However, you could also serve with egg noodles (top them with some extra gravy and they would be divine.)
- Because this meal is so rich and carb-heavy with the gravy and potatoes (or noodles,) I also like to serve with some broccoli or even a leafy salad.
If you liked this Instant Pot Beef Brisket, check out these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles
Instant Pot Brisket and Gravy
- 1 brisket flat cut in half, roughly 3-5 pounds
- 1 cup beef broth or stock
- 2 14 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- Pour 1 cup beef stock or broth into the pressure cooker inner pot, then place the trivet in the pot.
- Add one piece of brisket then top with half of condensed soup and half of onion soup mix. Repeat with remaining piece of brisket, soup and mix.
- Lock lid in place and set valve to SEAL. Set pressure cooker for 50 minutes at high pressure. Allow to naturally release for 10-15 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure.
- Use trivet to remove meat from pot; set aside while you prepare gravy.
- Press KEEP WARM/CANCEL, then SAUTE. Briskly whisk in the brown gravy packet and bring to a simmer until thickened.
- Slice brisket against the grain and serve with gravy.