When you’re craving comfort food after a cold winter day, this Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles will come to the rescue! Best served over mashed potatoes, it’s everything you want in a quick and easy dinner!
The best beef and noodles recipe is by far this Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles! You will never need to know how to make beef and noodles any other way!
Here’s the sometimes-frustrating thing about blogging- the things that you THINK are going to be hits rarely are, and the things that you never expect are the ones that take off. My Amish Beef and Noodles recipe is very much that way- it’s 1000% my most “viral” recipe, with the Facebook video views being into the millions and climbing all the time, and I NEVER saw it coming, even though this recipe is one of my all time favorites..
On chilly days, it gives you that carb-heavy comfort food that everyone craves. But as you can see, I am on a total Instant Pot kick lately and I’m having fun converting some of my favorite recipes into quick Instant Pot dishes.
This Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles is no different.
We’ve had an extreme cold spell going on in Ohio. Complete with lots of snow and sub zero temperatures. After playing outside with the boys for a couple of hours, I knew I wanted something warm and hearty for dinner.
Amish Beef and Noodles was the first recipe that came to mind; however, being that it takes 6 hours to cook in the slow cooker, it was already much too late to start. Unless, you know, we wanted to eat dinner at 10:00 (which we’ve totally done before. But not with kids. Those suckers are in bed by 7:30 daily!)
Instant Pot to the rescue!
I was able to have dinner that tasted like it had been slow cooking all day, ready in under an hour. You really can’t beat that.
- I use a chuck roast for this recipe. I try to find one that doesn’t have a huge amount of fat on it. Some is good (fat is flavor, after all!), but no one likes big chunks in their finished dish!
- This is, without a doubt, a Midwest thing- noodles over mashed potatoes. If you eat this NOT over mashed potatoes, then you may find it to be a little salty. See my notes below, and/or don’t stir in the noodles, and serve it over top. But honestly, then you’re just making this recipe: Instant Pot Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- If you’re watching your sodium intake, use low sodium cream of mushroom soup, and sub the consommé with water or a low sodium beef broth.
- I have an [easyazon_link identifier=”B075CWJ3T8″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]8Qt Instant Pot Duo[/easyazon_link]. You can find it here. I always see a lot of people debate the 6 vs 8 qt, but I’d always opt for a larger capacity cooking device. You just never know what you’ll end up using it for!
If you liked this homemade beef and noodles recipe, check out these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Buffalo Chicken Chili (plus Crockpot and Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 oz can beef consommé
- 2 cans whole mushrooms drained
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz wide Amish style noodles
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Heat an Instant Pot onto SAUTE. Add approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil to the inner pot when display reads HOT. Season the roast on both sides with garlic powder and pepper. Add to pot and sear on both sides.
- Remove roast from pot and set aside. Deglaze the pot with the beef consommé, using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up any bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot, then place the beef on top. Sprinkle with the onion soup mix and then top with the cream of mushroom soup. Lock lid in place, ensure valve is set to SEAL, and set pot for HIGH pressure for 50 minutes.
- After timer has counted down, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure. Use forks or tongs to shred beef.
- Gently stir in the bag of noodles. Turn machine off, then back on the SAUTE setting. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until noodles are tender. Stir in the milk and serve over mashed potatoes.