It doesn’t get any easier than this Instant Pot beef tips recipe! This dump-and-go recipe yields the most tender chunks of beef swimming in a sea of gravy and mushrooms!
Its the middle of January, which means that Instant Pot mania is at its annual peak.
There are three days where I can count on my Instant Pot Facebook groups to explode- after Amazon Prime Day, after Black Friday, and after Christmas. These are the three days when surges of Instant Pots are purchased by people who have heard nothing but rave reviews from the fellow masses.
But mid January is really when the fervor kicks up. The Christmas decorations are packed away, everyone’s boycott of “please, I just can’t make one more meal for all these people, please don’t make me get out of my pajamas today” has ended, you’re back and work and real life is back in full swing.
You take the Instant Pot out of the box, go “oh my god, I can’t” and save it for another day.
I get it. I was you.
So I’ve spent the last week creating new, easy, just-a-few-ingredient comfort food recipes that are perfect for getting you acquainted with your new favorite kitchen appliance.
And this one? Well this easy Instant Pot beef recipe can’t get any simpler- you just dump it all in and hit start! I cubed up a chuck roast and tossed it in with red wine, onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. Really. That’s it.
I’ve been making this in the slow cooker for years- you can find the recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy here.
We love it with wide, curly egg noodles or over creamy mashed potatoes.
Tools needed to make this Instant Pot Beef Tips and Mushrooms:
- Not to be redundant, but all you’ll really need for this recipe is an Instant Pot.
If you liked this Instant Pot Beef Tips and Noodles recipe, you’ll also love these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Pressure Cooker Carnitas with Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- 2.5 lbs chuck roast cut into 1.5" cubes
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 jars whole canned mushrooms drained
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- Egg noodles or mashed potatoes for serving
- Place insert pot in pressure cooker. Pour red wine into bottom of pot, then add meat.
- Sprinkle packet of onion soup mix over top, then dot with cream of mushroom soup.
- Replace lid and lock to seal. Turn valve to seal, then set pot for HIGH pressure, 30 minutes.
- After time has elapsed, allow to naturally release for 10-15 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, stir. Whisk in the brown gravy packet, hit CANCEL, then press SAUTE. Bring the mixture to a simmer until thickened slightly.
- Ladle over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.