If you are craving comfort food but short on time, this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is just what you need! Creamy, delicious and full of flavor, it is sure to become an instant family favorite!
Wondering how to cook chicken and dumplings in a pressure cooker? This Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe is the ultimate comfort food and it is SO easy!
Are there any meals that make you feel totally nostalgic? Chicken and dumplings is that meal for me. When I was young, I would sometimes stay with my grandparents overnight. My grandmother would let me choose whatever special dinner I wanted, and can you guess what I always chose? Yep, chicken and dumplings!
Although chicken and dumplings is one of my favorite comfort foods, I rarely have time to go through the entire process without hearing, “Mommmm!” called a thousand times. So to simplify it a little, I created this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe. It’s quick and easy without lacking on any of the flavor!
My grandmother’s recipe was super simple. She made her dumplings using Bisquick mix, and while it was totally delicious, it also requires more work. And because I’m in the business of simplifying things when I can, I chose to use refrigerated biscuit dough for this recipe. Easy, peasy!
It’s pretty much as simple as gathering the ingredients, throwing them into the Instant Pot and waiting for it to be done! And when you have dinner ready in under an hour, can you really beat that??
Tools needed to make this electric pressure cooker chicken and dumplings:
- All you really need is, you guessed it, an [easyazon_link identifier=”B0777XQ4S8″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Instant Pot![/easyazon_link] It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
If you liked this pressure cooker chicken and dumplings recipe, you’ll also love these easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Instant Pot Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 4.5 lb chicken cut into quarters
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt divided
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced crossways
- 5 stalks celery sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can homestyle biscuits
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Pour chicken stock into the bottom of inner pot. Add chicken, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the garlic salt, plus the poultry seasoning, over top.
- Add celery, carrots and onion on top of chicken. Place lid, lock and set pressure valve to SEAL.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 25 minutes. When timer has elapsed, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing remaining pressure.
- Use tongs to remove chicken from pot. Shred and set aside.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of garlic salt. Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing the milk INTO the cornstarch and stirring until smooth.
- Press CANCEL on pot, then SAUTE. Pour in the slurry mixture and cut biscuits, then stir. Loosely place the lid on pot (allowing steam to vent) and bring to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes, until thickened and dumplings heave doubled in size.
- Stir in reserved shredded chicken, then ladle into bowls and serve.