Filled with spinach, mini meatballs and tons of flavor, this Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup is the comfort food you’ve been craving!
Italian wedding soup doesn’t get any easier than this easy Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup recipe! It’s full of authentic flavor, but is done in under an hour!
Do you have a favorite type of soup? I don’t know that I could choose just one favorite! When I’m sick, I like chicken noodle; when I’m having grilled cheese, I want tomato soup; I just love ALL the soups. From something hearty like my Ham and Bean Soup to something smooth and creamy like my Cream of Mushroom Soup, you can say I’m a huge fan.
If I had to make a list of my top five though, Italian Wedding Soup would definitely be on it. I have a traditional version of Italian Wedding Soup that is always a hit with my family. I use ready-made meatballs which seriously cuts down on time, but tastes just as good in my opinion. If you’ve ever tried my recipe, you already know how easy Italian Wedding Soup can really be.
This Instant Pot version makes the recipe even easier (if you can believe that!) Just throw in all of the ingredients, set it, and forget it – what could be simpler than that?? It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal, or even as a last minute addition to a dinner party.
While people tend to think of soup as a winter dish, this Italian Wedding Soup is one that my family enjoys all year round! Add in some fresh veggies from the garden and you have a quick starter to a summer meal. And because it freezes well, it’s easy to make a large batch and keep for reheating later.
If you liked this Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup recipe, you’ll also love these easy soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock divided
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 1 large onion, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup acini de pepe pasta
- 1 lb frozen cocktail meatballs
- 10 oz bag fresh baby spinach
- In the inner pot of Instant Pot, pour 4 cups of the chicken stock. Add the carrots, celery, onion, meatballs and pasta.
- Place and lock lid. Set valve to SEAL and program pot on MANUAL, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer elapses, carefully quick release pressure and remove lid.
- Stir in the remaining 4 cups chicken stock and wilt in the baby spinach, turning pot to SAUTE if more heat is necessary.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.