The best part about writing up Italian Wedding Soup for The Wise Baby is the fact that I pulled J onto my lap last night while I was writing my post and editing photos. He looked at the computer screen, pointed, and very excitedly said “Meebaw! Meebaw!”
I guess “meebaw” will be joining “hot dog” on his list of favorite food words. Kid knows what he likes.
The recipe for this unbelievably fast, unbelievably easy, unbelievably delicious family favorite is below!
Wise Baby Dish of the Week: Italian Wedding Soup
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium (or 1/2 large) onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken broth or stock
- 1 lb ready made frozen meatballs
- 1 cup acini de pepe pasta
- 1 8 oz bag spinach
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat 2 T olive oil. Add the celery, carrot and onion; saute until the vegetables have begun to soften 7-10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the stock and the meatballs. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook until the meatballs have thawed and warmed through, about 15 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer until al dente, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.