Are you tired of boring chicken dinners? This Creamy Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms is the furthest thing from boring! Not only is it delicious, but it’s super easy to make, too!
If you’ve ever wondered how to make pasta in the Instant Pot, look no further than this EASY Creamy Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms recipe!
I am a huge fan of the Instant Pot. And if you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon yet, this is one that I highly suggest you do. As a mom of three young boys with busy schedules, this kitchen appliance has saved me more times than I can count.
I just love how it simplifies things! And for the most part, I can throw everything in at the same time, and have dinner ready in under an hour. Aside from running through a fast food restaurant, that’s pretty hard to beat!
Pressure cooking can be a little intimating if you’ve never used one before. It might be confusing when to use natural release vs quick release, or scary that the contents are under such high pressure. But I promise this recipe is easy to follow and I’ll take you through each step!
For this Instant Pot Chicken Pasta, everything is cooked right in the Instant Pot. You know what that means! Less dishes for this mama, and that’s always a win.
Before you can add the pasta, you first need to cook the chicken. Season chicken breasts on both sides with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
Next, turn your Instant Pot to SAUTE- High. When the display screen reads HOT, add olive oil to inner pot, then the chicken breasts. Allow them to sear and brown, about 3-4 minutes, then flip to the other side. Remove from the pot and set them aside.
The next step in making this Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken is to cook the mushrooms. Add butter to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. When it’s melted, add the mushrooms and season them with garlic salt. Sauté until golden brown, then remove and set aside.
To prevent the BURN notice from popping up, you’ll need to deglaze the pot. Deglaze the pot with approximately 1/2 cup of chicken stock, using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pot.
Cooking Pasta in Instant Pot
Now, onto the pasta! Pour the uncooked pasta into the pot, along with the remaining stock. Add the chicken breasts right on top. Lock the lid into place, set release valve to SEAL, press CANCEL, then MANUAL. Set the cooking time to 5 minutes.
Do a quick pressure release when cooking the time has elapsed. Remove the chicken and chop to desired size. Return to the pot, along with heavy cream, parmesan, cream cheese, mushrooms and spinach. Stir together gently until the cheeses have melted and spinach has wilted.
Serve this pasta immediately. I like to serve it with something leafy and green like a salad or broccoli. My family loved this recipe, and I’m sure that yours will too!
If you liked this Instant Pot chicken and pasta, check out these other easy Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Dr Pepper Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac
- Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Tender Brisket and Gravy
- Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Amish Beef and Noodles
If you’re looking for more ways to upgrade your boring chicken dinners, check out these delicious chicken recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Smoked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Chicken and Waffles with Sriracha Honey
- Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
- Easy Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Questions you may have about this pasta in Instant Pot:
Can I make this with gluten free pasta? I have never cooked with gluten free pasta before. I would assume that the cooking times would be different, but I’ve never tried it. If you try it, leave me a comment and let me know how it turns out!
Can you make this recipe using frozen chicken breasts? I know there are plenty of Instant Pot recipes that give an option using frozen meat. This one I have not tried.
Creamy Instant Pot Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 3 cups sliced portobello mushrooms
- 12 oz penne
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan
- 6 oz cream cheese cubed
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Turn pressure cooker to SAUTE- High. When display reads HOT, add olive oil to inner pot, then chicken breasts. Allow to sear and brown, about 3-4 minutes, then flip to the other side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add butter to inner pot. When melted, add the mushrooms and season with garlic salt. Sauté until golden brown, then remove and set aside. Deglaze the pot with approximately 1/2 cup of chicken stock, using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the uncooked pasta into the pot, along with the remaining stock. Top with the chicken breasts. Lock lid into place, set release valve to SEAL, press CANCEL, then MANUAL. Set cooking time to 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release when cooking time as elapsed. Remove chicken and chop to desired size. Return to pot, along with cream, parmesan, cream cheese, mushrooms and spinach. Stir together gently until cheese have melted and spinach has wilted.
- Serve immediately.