This Chicken and Spinach Manicotti is super easy to make, and smothered in a Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce. Plus, a hack for filling manicotti!
Chicken & Spinach Manicotti is a dish that can be easily made with minimal effort, especially when you just feel like throwing something together quickly!
I’m a little picture-happy lately, if you couldn’t tell. Pictures are worth a thousand words, except for SEO purposes. So I need to find more to say.
So this spinach manicotti – its pretty much the best “leftover reboot” recipe that I can come up with. It uses up leftover chicken (or a grocery store rotisserie), gets thrown together with a few other basic ingredients, gets smothered with Alfredo (Monday’s post), and then is baked to make all the cheese warm and gooey.
I dare you to find someone that doesn’t love this. I have also made this recipe with stuffed shells, so if thats more your speed, go for it.
Pasta Filling Tip:
I always have wondered how other people fill pastas, since so many other recipes say, “spoon filling in.” What does that even mean? That sounds like it is going to take 8,000 years and be super tedious, and ain’t nobody got time for that. That’s why I use a piping bag/Ziploc bag with a big corner cut off. I can squeeze all the filling in and be done filling the pasta in under 2 minutes.
Life hacks, amiright?
[And forgive me if that’s a “duh” tip to you. I have recently learned that evidently I need to start sharing these little tips when I have them, even if they just seem obvious to me. It irritates me when I see some kitchen tip go totally viral and think, “I’ve been doing that for years, are you serious?!”]
What you’ll need for this Chicken and Spinach Manicotti recipe:
- Piping bag – I recommend using a piping bag to fill the manicotti for an easy clean up. These Disposable Decorating Bags are perfect to use and toss when you’re done!
- Baking dish – These Baking Dishes are great for any kind of baking. You’ll get some great use out of them!
- Spatula – You always need a good set of spatulas in your kitchen to use for any recipe. This Silicone Spatula Set is perfect for mixing and they are dishwasher safe!
If you liked this Chicken Stuffed Manicotti Recipe, check out these similar recipes:
- One Pot Pasta with Shrimp, Sausage and Vodka Sauce
- Four Cheese Sauce
- Mushroom Ravioli with Sherried Mushrooms, Chicken, Peas and Four Cheese Sauce
Chicken and Spinach Manicotti
- 1 box manicotti
- 9 oz bag spinach
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken meat removed from the bones and shredded
- 1 egg
- 18 oz ricotta cheese
- 3/4 c grated parmesan
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella, divided
- 1 double recipe Alfredo sauce
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the manicotti and cook until the pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saute pan, cook the spinach in 1 T olive oil until wilted. Remove to a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, ¾ italian blend cheese, shredded chicken, spinach, parmesan cheese and and egg. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag or a large Ziploc bag with the corner cut off (the hole needs to be large enough for the filling to pass through.
- Ladle alfredo sauce over the bottom of a 13 x 9 rectangular baking dish.
- Squeeze the filling into the manicotti tubes and arrange them side by side in the baking dish. Ladle additional sauce over the top of the pasta, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.