This easy Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork has tons of tropical flavor that is perfect for any summer BBQ! Piled high with barbecue sauce an a slice of pineapple, it makes great tacos or even sliders! Utilize your crockpot to make cooking easy this summer.
Do you have any foods that particularly remind you of summer? Watermelon and potato salad, burgers and hot dogs are some that come to my mind initially. But when I think about flavors, pineapple is my summer go-to.
I love putting pineapple into drinks like this The Painkiller Drink and Pineapple Mojito, and sweets like this Pina Colada Bread and Pineapple Orange Poppyseed Muffins. But what I’ve really been into lately is mixing the sweetness of pineapple into savory dishes.
I’ve been seeing recipes with pineapple everywhere, so I knew I needed to come up with something to satisfy my craving. This Pineapple Pulled Pork popped into my head and man, is it good! It has the perfect balance of savory and sweet, with a little kick from the barbecue sauce.
And the best part? You won’t believe how simple it is – there is almost no real work required. Just rub on the seasoning, pour in the juice and let it slow cook all day! With all the hustle and bustle of summer, this is the perfect easy dish.
I like serving this pulled pork on hamburger or slider buns, but it would also be great in a taco! And if you have some extra time, adding a slice of grilled pineapple would really take this pulled pork over the top!
- The internal temperature of the pork should reach 205 degrees F for optimal shredding.
- If you need the pork to cook a little faster, you can cut it into smaller pieces before
adding it to the slow cooker.
Equipment needed to make this crock pot Pineapple Pulled Pork:
- Crock Pot – This 8- quart Crock Pot is the perfect size to make this pulled pork.
- Hand Mixer – Using a hand mixer like this one is my new favorite way to shred meat!
If you like this Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork, you will also love these other slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pulled Pork
- 2 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning blend
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 hamburger buns
- Canned pineapple slices
- BBQ sauce for serving
- 1. Add pork to slow cooker
- 2. Mix together brown sugar and seasoning and rub onto pork
- 3. Carefully pour pineapple juice and vinegar around sides of pork into slow cooker being
- careful not to wash off seasonings
- 4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- 5. Remove pork and shred
- 6. Discard remaining liquid from slow cooker
- 7. Serve pork on buns with a slice of pineapple and a drizzle of BBQ sauce if desired