If you’ve ever wondered what’s in an antipasto salad, this Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad recipe is full of ingredients like pepperoni, cheese, olives and Italian dressing for an authentic Italian flavor. It really is the best antipasto salad!
Okay let’s be honest- side dishes are my weakness. I put so much thought into what I want the main dish to taste like that I am usually slacking in the side dish department. But this summer, I am vowing to change that! My avocado fries started me off with a bang, and now I’m on to this Antipasto Pasta Salad.
Pasta salads are one of my favorite dishes to bring to a summer BBQ or picnic. You can add any combination of veggies, cheese and meats for an endless amount of flavor combinations. Pasta salads are so easy, and as long as you have time to boil pasta and let it cool, you’re golden!
I’ve had many different types of pasta salads over the years, but this antipasto pasta salad is one of my favorites. It takes all of your favorite toppings from a traditional antipasto salad like olives, pepperoni, provolone cheese and roasted red peppers, and substitutes pasta for the lettuce. That’s a win win in my book!
Equipment needed to make this Antipasto Pasta Salad recipe:
- Pot – This stainless steel pot is what I like to use when boiling pasta.
- Large Mixing Bowl – You will need a large mixing bowl like this one in order to stir the ingredients for the pasta salad together.
- Large Serving Bowl – What good is making a beautiful pasta salad if you don’t have a beautiful bowl to serve it in?
Check out these other pasta recipes:
Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
If you've ever wondered what's in an antipasto pasta salad, this Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad recipe is full of ingredients like pepperoni, cheese, olives and Italian dressing for an authentic Italian flavor. It really is the best antipasto pasta salad!
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1/2 lb pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1/2 lb thick sliced provolone, cut into 1/6's
- 2/3 C black olives
- 2/3 C green olives
- 3/4 C sweet roasted red peppers (12 g jar)
- 1/3 C mild banana pepper rings
- 3/4 C pepperoncini
- 1/3 C Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta according to the package instructions
- Set cooked pasta in refrigerator to cool for 1 hour
- Combine all ingredients with the cooled pasta
- Pour Italian dressing over all ingredients and toss