If you’re looking for a healthy side dish, this avocado fries recipe is for you! If you’ve ever wondered how to make avocado fries, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy they are.
Sometimes I have an idea come into my head and I can’t tell if I saw it somewhere or it’s a figment of my crazy thought processes.
I’ll chalk it up to tiredness.
Whether it came from the Dr.-Seuss-workings of my brain, I cannot say, but I CAN say that these fries are a really fun way to mix up your consumption of avocado. The crispy, crunchy outside married with the smooth, creamy avocado inside was awesome!
They were simple to make and made a great healthy side dish.
Avocado itself is very plain tasting. The breading and dipping sauce (which I’ve been making a long time, it’s very reminiscent of Outback’s Bloomin’ Onion dipping sauce!) really helps to kick up the bland flavor of the avocado. If you elect not to do the dipping sauce, or substitute with something else, I’d recommend salting them with a little garlic salt so they have a little more flavor to them.
Equipment needed for making these crunchy Avocado Fries:
- Baking sheet– A good baking sheet like this one ensures even baking.
- Parchment paper– I love using parchment paper when I need a quick and easy clean up.
- Shallow bowl– This set of shallow bowls have the perfect depth for easy dipping.
Similar recipes to these baked Avocado Fries:
- Cumin and Cayenne Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Parmesan Herb Fries
- Seasoned Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- 2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 large avocado cut into long, thin, square fries
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cream-style horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat an oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, stir together dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large, shallow bowl (or dinner plate), combine breadcrumbs and spices
- Dip each avocado slice into egg, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. spray the tops with cooking spray (or drizzle with olive oil). Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Tayler Ross says
Wow! I love how easy these avocado fries are! Saving them for dinner next week!
Denay DeGuzman says
This scrumptious appetizer is fantastic! For avocado lovers like me it’s a dream come true. This avocado fries recipe is definitely a keeper!
I tried avocado fries a while ago and wasn’t a fan… then my sister and I tried these and I was a changed woman. Don’t make any other recipe. This is the only one you need!
Stephanie Simmons says
I think they have something like this at the Cheesecake Factory! So fun to make at home, though 🙂
I can never have enough avocado! This one’s a keeper 🙂
Do you use a very firm advocado?
Its one of those things where you kind of have to hit it “just right” on the ripeness scale. They should definitely be on the firmer side, but still ripe so you can peel them. Just a little “give” when you press on it.
What a great idea! I never thought about frying Abocado and it absolutely look delicious <3 Soft inside and crunchy outside!
I could seriously eat the entire tray! SO FLIPPING GOOD!