As much as I love my air fryer, I haven’t gotten up the nerve to try it with fresh potatoes yet. I have battled for years on making oven baked fries, but I could never get them to come out just the way that I wanted- crispy on the outside and soft and steamy on the inside. I’ve never nailed that texture- until now.
You know that scene in My Fair Lady where Henry Higgins looks at Colonel Pickering and says, “I think she’s got it! By jove, I think she’s got it!” That’s how I felt the first time I slid these out of the oven- which oddly enough was the night I went to the hospital to have Michael. My whole family- Dave, Jonathan, my mom and dad- all devoured them until none remained. I’ve made them twice more since then and have been pleased each time.
Finally, finally, finally.
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 6 potatoes
- 3 T olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice potatoes into wedges (6-8 per potato, depending on size of potato).
- On the center of a baking sheet, add the paprika, seasoning salt and oregano. Pour the olive oil over top and use a fork to stir together.
- Pile the potatoes over the seasoned olive oil and toss together with your hands until evenly coated.
- Spread the potatoes across the baking sheet. Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and turn potatoes over. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.