Posted by https://www.gogogogourmet.com/sprinkle-cookies/
© 2016 Go Go Go Gourmet. All rights reserved.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2/3 cup colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese, egg and extracts, and beat together until mixed, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Sprinkle the salt, baking powder and baking soda over top and stir in.
- Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and pour the sprinkles into a bowl. Scoop up a ball of dough (approximately 2 tablespoons of dough) and roll between your hands into a 1½"-2" ball. Roll the ball of cookie dough in the sprinkles to coat, then place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing cookie balls approximately 2" apart. Use a glass to flatten the cookies until they are ½" tall.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet. Store in an airtight container.
Loading nutrition data...