These homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are super soft and delicious! All you need is a cold glass of milk!
Jonathan has a new Little People app on the iPad that he really likes. I really like it because its a cooking app, and completely adorable. You follow a “recipe” to get what you need from the grocery store, put the ingredients in a bowl, mix them up, pour them into the appropriate pans, then decorate if necessary
The only downside of this that I have found so far is that nearly every day Jonathan asks me to make
So since coming up with a good oatmeal chocolate chunk recipe has been on my to-do list for awhile, we made these together the other day. My sous chef kept stealing batter. So unprofessional.
If you like these oat chocolate chip cookies, you’ll also love these other easy cookie recipes:
- Easy Homemade M&M Cookies
- Easy Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Tools needed to make these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from scratch:
- A [easyazon_link identifier=”B00005UP2P” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]stand mixer[/easyazon_link] makes creaming the butter and sugar sooo much easier!
- And if you don’t have a stand mixer, a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00C0QJY40″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]hand mixer[/easyazon_link] is a great alternative.
- To make the cookies all a uniform size, I like to use a [easyazon_link identifier=”B06XNQNN99″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]cookie scoop[/easyazon_link].
- A nice [easyazon_link identifier=”B0049C2S32″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]cookie sheet[/easyazon_link] may seem obvious, but so important!
- Transferring cookies to a [easyazon_link identifier=”B078Y316M5″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]cooling rack[/easyazon_link] to finish cooling is really helpful.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 3 1/2 c oats
- 1 - 11.5 oz bag chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat an oven to 350F.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkle the salt and baking soda over, mix in. Add flour, stir, then add in oats.
- Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls (approximately 2 T) onto a greased or lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool further. Store in an airtight container.