Cooking shrimp on the grill has never been easier than this Honey Mustard Lime Grilled Shrimp recipe! With only four ingredients, it’s the best grilled shrimp.
This is a quick and easy recipe that takes almost no time to prepare (minus the time to marinate). This is almost like a half ceviche, half grilled dish that would be perfect on top of my Tropical Pineapple Rice for dinner (maybe even with some chopped avocado?!), or on its own for an appetizer.
The large proportion of lime juice in this dish makes this CLOSE to being a ceviche- but since its cut down with the honey and the mustard, it doesn’t QUITE “cook” it all the way during marinating time. A quick sear and char on a super hot grill is the perfect way to get it the rest of the way there!
So now on to how to season this shrimp. The marinade is a simple mixture of lime juice, whole grain mustard and honey. The lime juice makes it tangy and the honey makes it sweet – the perfect flavor combination! It’s light, refreshing and perfect for summer!
If you liked this quick grilled shrimp, check out these other quick and easy grilled shrimp recipes:
- Asian Marinated Shrimp and Scallops
- Coconut Shrimp with Mango-Bell Pepper Salsa & Cilantro-Lime Rice
- One Pot Pasta with Shrimp, Sausage and Vodka Sauce
- Blackened Shrimp Pasta
Tools needed to make this healthy grilled shrimp:
- I like to use these reusable skewers whenever I grill shrimp or any kebabs.
Honey Mustard Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 T whole grain mustard
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- Mix together lime juice, mustard and honey. Pour into resealable plastic bag and add shrimp. Squeeze out as much air as possible and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a grill on high heat. Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Spray the grill grates with nonstick spray. Grill the shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Serve.