This Perfect Christmas Almond Spritz Cookies Recipe is the best cookie recipe to use for the holidays! They’re easy to make and no chilling required!
I never really liked spritz cookies that much growing up, but these Perfect Christmas Almond Spritz Cookies have been a game changer for me.
I just love them! This is a super simple dough, no chilling required, and Jonathan has so much fun decorating (especially with sprinkles and candied cherries!)
I came up with this recipe after tweaking my mom’s recipe over…and over…and over again, and now she even prefers these! They are just a little bit soft, and with two kinds of extracts, they have a delicious flavor to them. They are no longer just for Christmas- these classic spritz cookies are made all year round!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Cookie press – This Cookie Press set is perfect for making the perfect cookies for the holidays!
- Christmas disk set – This Christmas Disk Set comes with a huge selection of shapes to choose from!
- Decorating tool kit – Everyone needs a icing tool kit to use for making the perfect cookies! Get your Decorating Tool Kit here!
- Non-stick cookie sheet – This Cookie Sheet is great for any kind of baking. You’ll get some great use out of it and it’s non-stick!
If you loved these Perfect Christmas Almond Spritz Cookies Recipe, then be sure to check out these:
- Sprinkle Cookies
- Hot Chocolate Rice Krispies® Treats
- Soft-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Perfect Christmas Almond Spritz Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Candied cherries, for decorating
- Colored sugar, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and extracts. Add in the flour and stir until combined.
- Load the dough into a cookie press, fitted with choice of disk.
- Press the cookies out onto ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with cherries and sugar as desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes, or until just beginning to turn golden around the bottom edges. Leave on cookie sheets for additional two minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.