This easy Shrimp Scampi recipe is the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight! With ingredients like garlic, lemon and white wine, it just can’t be beat!
Everyone needs a good dish to keep handy in their back pocket for those evenings where dinner just seems to sneak up on you. Those days where you feel like you’ve run 7500 MPH all day long and still, somehow, managed to accomplish about 1/7500th of what you were trying to get done.
I feel like I have those days quite frequently, largely due to the fact that I seem to spend half my day picking up toys, books, clothes and shoes that somehow get consistently and constantly scattered throughout the whole house.
Its like chasing a moving target.
This recipe is one of the reasons why I always keep a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer. You can have this on the table in the time it takes you to boil water and cook pasta. It’s light, but filling, and full of flavor. It’s one of our family’s favorites and I know it will be a hit in your house too.
Tools needed to make the best Shrimp Scampi recipe:
- It’s helpful to have a nice [easyazon_link identifier=”B00006JSUA” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]skillet[/easyazon_link] for this recipe. Not only will you use it for this recipe, but lots of other recipes too!
- You will also need a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000GWK34K” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]large pot[/easyazon_link] to boil the water for the pasta. Also helpful to have for any pasta recipe.
- And last but not least, you will need a set of [easyazon_link identifier=”B074WB5D79″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]tongs[/easyazon_link]. This helps to toss the pasta in the sauce and coat everything evenly.
If you liked this amazing shrimp scampi, check out these other shrimp recipes:
- One Pot Pasta with Shrimp, Sausage and Vodka Sauce
- Bucatini and Shrimp in Garlic Basil Cream Sauce
- Honey Mustard Lime Grilled Shrimp
- Baked Bang Bang Shrimp
- 3/4 lb thin spaghetti
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 T butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 T chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a large skillet. melt the butter with 1 T olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the butter and cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, lemon and shrimp to the pan and sauté until the shrimp are cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Use tongs to move the pasta, coated with the cooking water, to the skillet. Toss the skillet until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Toss in the parsley and serve.