Searching for the best banana pudding recipe ever? These Individual Banana Pudding are easy to whip up and perfect for a cool summer treat!
I have already done a different version of banana puddings, but I thought I’d go with a more classic approach. Everyone in my house decided that their banana craze was done as soon as I bought like 12 bananas.
The deli in my grocery store had banana pudding in their case a few days before I made these. I bought a small container for Jonathan. Shockingly, he rejected it- so I ate it for lunch. Then I wanted more.
I made these a couple of days later. Talk about a super simple family favorite. These disappeared quickly out of the fridge and kept really well- even the whipped cream!
Sometimes I just really like to do individual desserts because of the built in portion control….
Tools needed to make the best banana pudding:
- In order to send these individual banana puddings over the top, you will need some fancy [easyazon_link identifier=”B01EBFENW0″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]parfait glasses[/easyazon_link] to serve them in!
- You will need a [easyazon_link identifier=”B009W28NLK” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]large saucepan[/easyazon_link] to boil everything together and temper the eggs.
- You will also need a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00004OCNS” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]whisk[/easyazon_link] to continuously stir the ingredients.
If you liked this delicious Banana Pudding recipe, check out these other amazing pudding recipes:
Individual Banana Puddings
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup +2T flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 T powdered sugar
- 1 box mini vanilla wafer cookies
- In a large sauce pan, bring the milk to a simmer; add the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour.
- Slowly pour in 1/4 of the milk, whisking constantly, to temper the eggs. Pour the tempered eggs into the saucepan with the milk, whisk, and return to medium-low heat. Cook until the mixture has thickened, stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from burning. Fold in the bananas.
- Assemble 4-5 individual serving dishes, Create a bottom layer of wafer cookies, then top with a layer of pudding, repeating again so that there is a layer of cookies, then pudding, then cookies, then pudding. Top with 4-5 more cookies and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream with the powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Top the pudding dishes with the whipped cream and serve.