If you’ve ever wondered how to make rotisserie chicken salad, look no further! This easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad makes the perfect sandwiches for summer. Made creamy from the mayonnaise and yogurt and slightly crunchy from the celery, this is the best rotisserie chicken salad recipe!
I’m starting to think that the percentage of people that buy grocery store rotisserie chickens and just cut them into pieces for dinner is very, very low. I do occasionally, or use them that way as Jonathan’s lunch, but I would say more often than not I use them to dismember them, shred them up, and use them in other dishes. I should probably do one of those “50 uses for a rotisserie chicken” kind of post.
Since spring is here,I figured I would keep to an easy rotisserie chicken salad recipe; a light, cool, and crisp dish to cool you off on a hot day. For as long as I can remember, I have loved chicken salad – my mom suggested that I try it at Subway at once, and I was totally hooked from then on. I don’t understand how somebody could not love it- and that includes my husband. I have a slight obsession with getting him to like things that he tells me that he doesn’t care for, because in my head I’m just simply firmly believe that he just hasn’t had a good one of [insert dish] before. Chicken salad is always a bit of a hard one for me to get him to like, because he has so many damn requirements!
It can’t have too much celery, it gets too crunchy.
It can’t have too much mayonnaise, I have a good “thing” with mayonnaise.
And on and on.
With the arrival of warm weather and sunshine, we are heading into a glorious time of year; picnics, barbecues and outdoor potlucks! A few of my blogger friends and I got together to compile a round up of recipes perfect for your summer get togethers. Make sure to check them all out, and enjoy!
Seafood Tortellini Salad from Three Kids and a Fish // Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad from Cooking and Beer
Firecracker Krispy Treats from Sunny Side Ups // Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad from The Seasoned Mom
What you’ll need for this chicken salad using rotisserie chicken:
- Mixing bowl- These bowls are perfect for mixing up any recipe and even come in three different sizes. Get your 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set here.
- Spatula – You always need a good set of spatulas in your kitchen to use for any recipe. This Silicone Spatula Set is perfect for mixing and they are dishwasher safe!
- Chicken shredder – These Meat Shredder Claws make this step go from a chore to something you’ll have fun doing!
If you enjoyed this easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe, be sure to check out these:
- Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Party Sandwiches
- Southwest Chicken Taquitos
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Easy Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken shredded and finely chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve on fresh bread or in a crisp lettuce wrap.