This will revamp your typical Rotisserie Chicken Salad recipe, and transform it into a whole new delicious taste with a light flavor and texture! It’s a great way to cool off after a long hot day!
I’m starting to think that the percentage of people that buy grocery store rotisserie chickens and just cut them into pieces for dinner is very, very low. I do occasionally, or use them that way as Jonathan’s lunch, but I would say more often than not I use them to dismember them, shred them up, and use them in other dishes. I should probably do one of those “50 uses for a rotisserie chicken” kind of post.
Since spring (and really, almost summer) is here,I figured I would keep do a rotisserie chicken salad recipe- a light, cool, and crisp dish to cool you off on a hot day. I have loved chicken salad for as long as I remember – my mom suggested that I try it at Subway at once, and I was totally hooked from then on. I don’t understand how somebody could not love it- and that includes my husband. I have a slight obsession with getting him to like things that he tells me that he doesn’t care for, because in my head I’m just simply firmly believe that he just hasn’t had a good one of [insert dish] before. Chicken salad is always a bit of a hard one for me to get him to like, because he has so many damn requirements!
It can’t have too much celery, it gets too crunchy.
It can’t have too much mayonnaise, I have a good “thing” with mayonnaise.
And on and on.
With the arrival of warm weather and sunshine, we are heading into a glorious time of year- picnics, barbecues and outdoor potlucks! A few of my blogger friends and I got together to compile a round up of recipes perfect for your summer get togethers. Make sure to check them all out, and enjoy!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Mixing bowl- These bowls are perfect for mixing up any recipe and even come in three different sizes. Get your 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set here.
- Spatula – You always need a good set of spatulas in your kitchen to use for any recipe. This Silicone Spatula Set is perfect for mixing and they are dishwasher safe!
- Chicken shredder – These Meat Shredder Claws make this step go from a chore to something you’ll have fun doing!
If you enjoyed this Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe, be sure to check out these:
- Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Party Sandwiches
- Southwest Chicken Taquitos
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded and finely chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve on fresh bread or in a crisp lettuce wrap.