These Slider-style Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches are the perfect party food, and a great twist on the popular Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches!
If you’ve been to any sort of get-together ever in your life, chances are that you’ve been treated to a version of those tasty little ham and cheese party sliders. They are ubiquitous, and there are a million and one versions out there floating around (yes, I have one too. They are here.). These Buffalo Chicken Party Sandwiches are a twist on them that combine two classic party foods-buffalo wings and Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches.
I created these in the same thought that birthed the Buffalo Chicken Puff Pastry Pockets. Now that school is in session, and Q4 is the most hectic time in the food writing world, I almost always have rotisserie chicken in the house to use for snacks, lunches and a backup dinner option.
FYI, the ones from Sam’s Club are my favorites. They are the biggest and cheapest, and you get the best bang for your buck.
So in these times of fall and snacks and football parties, I thought a cheesy slider piled high with deliciously sauced-up buffalo chicken would be a welcome addition to everyone’s tailginat repertoire.
The recipe is so simple that it barely qualifies as a recipe- mix chicken with your favorite buffalo sauce, ranch and green onion (for crunch). Pile it on some halved Hawaiian buns or slider buns, top with cheese, brush with a ranch butter and bake until warm and gooey.
A huge benefit to these as a party food? Assemble ahead of time, brush with the butter and bake right before your guests arrive. Line your baking sheet or dish with foil, and you can simply toss in the trash with no clean up to do afterwards. Win!
If you like this Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe:
- Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Puff Pastry Pockets
- 22 Super Bowl Party Food Recipe Ideas
Buffalo Chicken Party Sandwiches
- 12 Hawaiian rolls or slider buns
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 8-10 slices provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing powder mix
- 3 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and green onion until well-combined.
- Slice the rolls in half; set tops aside. Spoon chicken filling on to bun bottoms and spread out over the edges. Fold provolone slices in half and lay evenly over the chicken, overlapping each slightly.
- Replace bun tops. Stir the ranch dressing mix into the butter and baste over sliders.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown. Serve immediately.