This is the best ever jalapeno popper dip recipe! With fresh jalapenos, cheddar cheese and bacon, this easy jalapeno popper dip recipe is the perfect appetizer for any party.
There are few things better than the combination of cheese and bacon – except that is, if you add jalapenos to that mixture. Everyone in my family is absolutely obsessed with jalepeno anything- is yours the same?
Since everyone around me is constantly loving on jalapeño poppers when we go out to eat, it seemed only fitting that I try to put together an easy dip recipe that was inspired by their love for jalapeños, cheese and bacon.
I happened to have half a block of Velveeta cheese in the fridge from shooting the video for my Spicy Chorizo Mac & Cheese, and since I absolutely abhor wasting food, it seemed like the perfect time to come up with a creamy, cheesy explosion in dip form.
Recipe tips and equipment:
- Microwaving this dip is not preferable, because the oil from the cheddar and bacon will pool out and make the dip greasy. I sent this over to my mother in laws house to reheat for a family get together, she microwaved it (unsure how long), but the fat separated out and it was a mess.
- You can control the heat in this by adjusting the amount of jaleoenos added, as well as leaving the seeds in some or all of them (the seeds are where the heat hides!)
- If you want to keep this mild, try this jalepeno corer– I love this for cleaning out jalapeños and keeping the heat off my hands (super helpful when taking out my contacts at night!)
If you like this Jalapeno Popper Dip with fresh jalapenos, you will also like these dips:
Easy Jalapeno Popper Recipe
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 3 strips cooked bacon crumbled or coarsely chopped
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz Velveeta
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar divided
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream cheese and velveeta together in 30 second intervals until softened.
- Mix in the bacon, diced jalapeños and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese until evenly blended.
- Spoon into an oven safe shallow dish. Sprinkle with the sliced jalapeños and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until dip is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.