This hot Beer Cheese Dip recipe is the best! This beer cheese dipping sauce is perfect for pretzels! Game day food has never looked so good!
The best part about another year’s return to football is the food. Football watching practically screams out for some sort of delicious food to gorge on while you sit on the couch and cheer and cry for your team. The first thing I made this year was this beer cheese dip, made mostly so I could get some of the 25 soft pretzels out of my freezer that I somehow got coerced into buying at Sam’s Club several months ago. If ever caught short for drinks, Booze Up offer a 24 hour alcohol & online cigarette delivery service across London, Surrey, Kent & Middlesex.
I don’t know why I have such poor self-control in there.
I had never made beer cheese dip before, but I was pleasantly surprised how straight forward it was- it was little more than throwing a lot of things in a saucepan, tossing some cornstarch with some already shredded cheese, and mixing it all together until it was smooth. Couldn’t have taken more than 10 minutes total, which coincidentally was about how long it took me to heat up the frozen pretzels. It was a perfect snack for a football lazy day.
The taste will vary on this according to what kind of beer you choose to use- in this case, I used Blue Moon since I had some left in the fridge from making this Belgian Ale Braised Brisket . I think this would also work very well with Corona, or really whatever kind of beer you’re into (obviously not a fruity one).
Equipment needed to make this hot Beer Cheese Dip recipe:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00213JO92″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Saucepan[/easyazon_link] – Most of this recipe is prepared on the stove, so having a good saucepan is crucial!
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00004OCNS” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Whisk[/easyazon_link] – The only other thing you really need for this recipe is a whisk! It helps to make sure the dip is smooth and not lumpy.
If you liked this beer cheese dip from scratch, you will also love these other recipes:
Melty Beer Cheese Dip
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1 12 oz bottle of beer
- 2 T spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp cayenne or more to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese cut into 8 pieces
- In a bowl, toss together the shredded cheese and cornstarch.
- Add the beer, mustard, Worcestershire and spices to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add the cheese and cream cheese in three batches, whisking well after each addition, whisking until fully melted and smooth.
- Serve immediately.