If you liked these amazing chicken enchiladas, check out these other awesome Mexican dishes:
- Wet Burritos, Hacienda Style
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Burritos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Taco Cups
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
Roasted Poblano Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2-14 oz cans green enchilada sauce
- 10 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 4 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese 2 cups
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- For serving- sour cream tomatoes, jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat a grill on high heat. Add the poblanos to the grill and roast until the skins blister and char, turning as needed. (You can also use the broiler on your oven). Remove from the grill, peel off the charred skin, remove ribs and seeds and roughly chop.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, chopped poblanos, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Spread half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place approximately 1/4-1/3 cup filling along the center of a tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas and top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and make for 10-15 more minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden.