If you’ve ever wondered how to make Mexican Grilled Corn, this easy recipe could not be easier! With ingredients like mayo, lime and Parmesan cheese, this Mexican roasted corn recipe is the best.
This post brought to you by Fresh From Florida. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Go Go Go Gourmet.
A couple months back, my friend Ted (of Coconut Chicken Curry fame) texted me a new idea of something that I should try to make- Mexican Grilled Corn. I had seen different versions of this delicious-looking corn on recipe sites over the years, but had never had the opportunity to give it a try.
Since Florida Sweet Corn is in season, this seemed like as good of a time as any to give it a try. I absolutely loved it! It was a totally different flavor profile than what I grew up eating- corn slathered in butter in salt. I always though that the classic combination would be hard to top, but this corn, also called Elotes, certainly gives it a run for its money. I loved the lime flavoring with a touch of heat- and a sprinkle of parmesan on top never hurt anyone.
What is Mexican style roasted corn?
- Mexican grilled corn (commonly know as “elote”) is sweet corn on the cob that is roasted on the grill. After roasting, the corn is slathered with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, and cheese! It’s a super quick and easy side dish that is perfect for any fiesta!
If you liked this Mexican Grilled Corn recipe, check out these other easy side dishes:
- Easy Homemade Guacamole (Chipotle Style)
- Yellow Rice and Beans
- Cheesy Enchilada Mexican Pasta Bake
- Mexican Refried Beans
Mexican Grilled Corn (Elotes)
If you've ever wondered how to make Mexican Grilled Corn, this easy recipe could not be easier! With ingredients like mayo, lime and Parmesan cheese, this Mexican roasted corn recipe is the best.
- 6 ears corn
- 1/4 c mayo
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Prepare the corn: Pull back the husk, leaving it attached. Remove any corn silk. Preheat a grill over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo, sour cream, juice from half the lime, and the paprika.
- Place the corn on the grill, grilling for 3-4 minutes before turning, until all the corn is bright yellow and charred in spots.
- Using a basting brush, immediately brush the mayo mixture over all the corn. Squeeze the remaining half a lime over the corn. Season with salt and chili powder to taste, then sprinkle the parmesan over top. Serve immediately.
Looking for some more ideas for fresh corn? Check out my Spicy Corn and Lobster Chowder!
You can also follow Fresh from Florida on Facebook and Fresh from Florida on Twitter to get even MORE ideas! Head to the store and pick up some Fresh From Florida corn ASAP and look for the Fresh From Florida logo when you are out shopping or dining at local restaurants!