Dave stuck his head in our bedroom at 6:30 this morning, after he got home from a long night at the hospital.
“I have to tell you, that pasta was really, really good.”
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 20 oz. package cheese tortellini
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 2 1/2 cup mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the tortellini and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet preheated over medium high heat. Brown the ground beef and drain fat, if desired. Add taco seasoning and water to the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat, until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the tortellini, taco meat, drained beans, enchilada sauce, and 1 cup cheese to a large bowl. Toss together until evenly combined.
- Spray a 13 x 9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the pasta into the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is gooey and melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions. Serve.