Posted by https://www.gogogogourmet.com/pernil-puerto-rican-slow-roasted-pork/
© 2017 Go Go Go Gourmet. All rights reserved.
Pernil, Puerto Rican Slow Roasted Pork
- 9 lb bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 12 oz soffrito
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Adobo seasoning
- The night before, cut deep slits all over the pork roast. Stuff 1-2 slices of garlic and a spoonful of soffrito (~1 tablespoon) in each slit. Coat the roast in the remainder of the soffrito and season generously with coarse kosher salt and adobo seasoning (I used probably 3-4 tablespoons). Place roast in a roasting pan and tightly cover with foil.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350F. Make sure the pan is tightly covered and slowly roast, approximately 40-45 minutes a pound (it took 7-8 hours for my 9 lb roast), basting once an hour and covering, until the meat is tender and easily pulls away.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400F and remove the foil. Carefully crisp the skin, being careful not to burn and removing it if it gets too dark, 10-20 minutes.
Loading nutrition data...