The next time you make spinach artichoke dip, add a dollop to some phyllo cups to make these Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Cups! This homemade spinach and artichoke dip is perfect for the holidays!
You’ve heard me say before, and you’ll hear me say it again- one of the things that I miss most about Ohio is how fabulous the grocery stores were. In fact, there were so many specialty departments with fabulous ready-prepared foods that you never felt like you weren’t in a major metropolitan area. Giant Eagle rocks – I might move back to Akron just for that.
One of the things that they used to offer in their cheese department was a fabulous spinach artichoke dip cheese spread. It was great cold on crackers or chips and AMAZING when heated up. It morphed into an even better version of the spinach artichoke dip that is a popular frequenter on restaurant appetizer menus.
One year at our Christmas party I had an idea to fill the ready-made phyllo cups with this dip and bake them. It might’ve been one of the best food related ideas that I ever had, because that year, and every year thereafter, they were always the first appetizer to be completely wiped out. I really wanted to figure out how to re-create it and I’m super happy to say that I succeeded. Cheesy and melty and full of spinach.
For this spinach artichoke cheese dip recipe, you will need:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00Q1V8GIK” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Phyllo cups.[/easyazon_link] The only brand I know of is Athens.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01HSTCH0Q” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]A Mixing bowl[/easyazon_link]. I use a set like this.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00XBC3T6Q” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Baking sheets.[/easyazon_link]
If you like this recipe for Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Cup Bites, try these:
- Spicy Jalepeño Spinach Cheese Dip
- Pull Apart Cheese Stuffed Spinach Artichoke Bread
- 22 Super Bowl Party Food Recipe Ideas
Spinach Artichoke Phyllo Cups
- 1 cup of well-drained previously frozen chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 T cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise I used low fat
- 2 cups shredded 6 blend Italian cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pkg 15-count frozen phyllo cups
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, stir together the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese and garlic salt.
- Spoon dip into cups and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until filling is melted and the shells begin to brown. Serve immediately.