This Apple Cider Pumpkin Bread is an easy treat will the best flavors of fall. Filled with delicious, warm spices, it’s the best pumpkin loaf recipe!
Yet another year has come and gone where I am ready for the arrival of fall food before the grocery stores are. Up in Ohio, I swear that I was able to get fresh cranberries anytime of the year; however, here I’m scoffed at for wanting to buy them in the beginning of October.
I really wanted to make my Pumpkin Cranberry Bread, as it’s a fall staple in our house, but with no cranberries to be had anywhere in the grocery store until the end of October, I had to come up with a different alternative. I think the pumpkin and apple go so well together (like in my Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie Bars) so why not play off of that and substitute the cranberry and orange juice for apple cider? It worked out beautifully, and I’m so glad that I have another one bowl quick bread to add to my repertoire.
By the way, isn’t the pan totally gorgeous? Be sure to grease and flour it well, and let the bread cool in the pan before trying to remove it. I tried to turn it out fairly soon after being out of the oven on my first love and only the top half came out. I’m sure you all can imagine how pleased I was.
You can buy a similar one here:
Do you want one of your own? Head over to Instagram where I’m giving one away this weekend!
Equipment needed to make this homemade pumpkin bread:
- Mixing bowls – A good set of mixing bowls is helpful for most recipes!
- Whisk – Mixing all of these ingredients together is made much easier with this whisk!
- This loaf pan is similar to the one I used for this recipe!
If you liked this Apple Cider Pumpkin Bread, make sure to check out these recipes too:
Apple Cider Pumpkin Pie Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and apple cider.
- Add the spices, baking soda, salt and sugar and mix in. Stir in the flour until no lumps remain.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.