- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 3 small apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 T flour
- 2 T sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3 T coarse granulated raw sugar optional
- Preheat an oven to 375F.
- On a floured surface, lay out the puff pastry and cut into four quarters (square shaped).
- In a small bowl, toss together the apples, flour, sugar and spices.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg over the surface of the dough.
- Divide the apples among the pastry squares. Fold the dough over so you're left with a triangle shape. Press all the edges together, removing apples if they are too full to close.
- Brush egg over the top of the turnover and sprinkle with raw sugar, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until puffed and golden.