This Mussels Marinara is a great week night dinner option that you can have on your table in 15 minutes! The taste has such a natural Mussels flavor!
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Skillet – I recommend using a deep-sided skillet for sautéing to get even cooking. You can grab this [easyazon_link identifier=”B000EM9PTQ” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Skillet[/easyazon_link] to use for this recipe and future ones!
- Large pot – This pot is perfect for making pasta and is great for easy cleanup! You can get yourself a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000GWK33Q” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Stockpot Cookware[/easyazon_link] pot here!
- Kitchen Tongs – A good pair of tongs that will last, is a key kitchen gadget to own. Grab these [easyazon_link identifier=”B00750ZQ1Q” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Kitchen Tongs [/easyazon_link] to add to your kitchen utensils!
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pound mussels scrubbed and debearded
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large, deep-sided skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and golden, 1-2 minutes. Pour in the wine and reduce by half.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir together, the mussels to the pot and cover. Cook until the mussels have opened wide. Discard any that have not opened.
- Add the angel hair to the boiling water and cook till al dente. Use kitchen tongs to divide the pasta between bowls, then top with mussels and sauce. Sprinkle with the fresh basil and serve.