I’ve previously discussed my husband’s general dislike of mayonnaise-based salads, like chicken salad and Waldorf Salad and potato salad. My biggest problem with this, and I am a big believer in not pushing your food opinions on others, is the fact that I really like all of those things. Rather than simply just accepting my husband for who he is and his food related shortcomings, I eternally quest to fix him by finding different versions of things that I like and that I believe he will willingly eat.
Grilled Honey Mustard Lime Potato Salad
- 7-8 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 3 ears corn
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 2 T grainy dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- Heat a grill over medium heat. Toss the cut potatoes with 1 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a grilling basket and grill until tender (about 25 minutes), turning or tossing once or twice throughout cooking.
- Shuck the corn and add to the grill, turning until all sides are appropriately cooked and slightly charred. Remove from the grill and cut the kernels off the cob.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, lime zest, mustard and honey. Add the warm potatoes, corn, and green onions and toss to coat. Serve.