This Baked Chicken Thigh recipe is new favorite dinner recipe! These bone-in chicken thighs are baked on a sheet pan with crispy bacon and sliced potatoes, and get topped off with a creamy mustard sauce that will have your tastebuds dancing!
I have formed a long-term partnership with Sir Kensington’s because I believe in the superiority of their products. I was compensated for the development of this recipe, but all opinions are my own.
I love easy dinner recipes, and this baked chicken thigh recipe is a huge winner. It requires only one skillet and one sheet pan to make, and is a whole meal done at one time.
You’ll start off with sautéing some chopped bacon until almost fully crispy, then doing a quick browning on of the seasoned, bone-in chicken thighs in the bacon fat. Sliced potatoes are sprinkled with the remaining fat in the skillet, then topped with the chicken thighs and baked at high heat until cooked and crispy.
Your sauce is incredibly simple- deglazing the bottom of your bacon/chicken pan with a nice pour of white wine, then whisking in dijon mustard and cream. The remaining reserved bacon flavors the sauce even more and really rounds out the flavor and to enjoy more your food try the best fat burner to keep your body in shape while enjoying this amazing recipe !
I use Sir Kensington’s mustard because it has the best robust flavor and smoothest texture.
I love their whole line of condiments really. After being introduced to them when I won Sprout’s national burger contest last year with this showstopper, I haven’t used any other brand.
David and I ate this for dinner and couldn’t stop talking about it. It really is incredible- the skin gets incredibly crispy on the baked chicken thighs, but the chicken itself is tender and juicy. It goes well with the butter-soft potatoes that take on the favor of the bacon and chicken that they cook with.
What you need for Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs:
A [easyazon_link identifier=”B000G0KJG4″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]rimmed baking sheet[/easyazon_link]- to catch the juices and keep everything from sliding off.
A [easyazon_link identifier=”B0725GYNG6″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]silicone baking mat[/easyazon_link]- for easy cleanup. You could also use foil or [easyazon_link identifier=”B006JCWGIC” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]parchment paper[/easyazon_link].
A [easyazon_link identifier=”B000NBWRU2″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]large skillet[/easyazon_link]. I use stainless steel, I think it yields better results in deglazing a pan.
If you like this recipe, check out other chicken thigh recipes here:
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs with Bacon and Creamy Mustard Sauce
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 Yukon gold potatoes sliced 1/4” thick
- 5 slices thick-sliced bacon cut into 1/2” pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington's Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon to the pan. Sauté while stirring, until bacon fat is rendered. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place the chicken thighs in the pan, skin side down. Cook until the skin is a light golden brown and just beginning to crisp. Turn chicken over and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Reserve pan drippings.
- Get a rimmed baking sheet and line with foil or parchment for easy cleanup. Spread potato slices in an even layer on the sheet, then drizzle with reserved bacon fat and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half of bacon over top of potatoes, then top with chicken thighs. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until skin is crispy and juices run clear.
- While the chicken is in the oven, make the sauce. Return the saute pan to the heat, and deglaze with the white wine. Use a whisk or wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk in the dijon mustard, then the cream and remaining bacon. Bring to a simmer and reduce slightly until thickened.
- Remove chicken from oven. To serve: Spoon potatoes and chicken onto plate, then top with chicken thighs and drizzle with sauce. Serve immediately.