This Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is the perfect centerpiece for your meal, especially around the holidays! It will have you coming back for seconds!
Every single year, this ham goes absolutely ballistic. This brown sugar glazed honey ham is perfect for any and all holidays, whether it be New Year’s, Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter.
Man, people go crazy for ham, don’t they?
While I personally am not one to sit down to a ham dinner, I do love making one once or twice a year. It’s an easy way to knock out a main dish centerpiece (because really, how pretty is a baked ham?), and it provides a huge opportunity for what I like to call “reboot recipes,” where you take your leftovers and make them into a whole new dish (think rotisserie chicken, for example).
For me though, the best part about this ham is snacking on it straight out of the fridge. Like an animal.
My favorite part of this has to be the crust on this brown sugar glazed ham. The sweetness of the brown sugar and honey goes so well with the saltiness of the ham. I could sit and pick it off all day long.
How to make a brown sugar ham:
I make my ham quite differently than most people seem to. Rather than just simply brushing on a glaze, I coat the whole ham with brown sugar, stick it in the oven until it just starts to melt (so it sticks and doesn’t just fall off), then start glazing the ham. The result is an unbelievable brown sugar glazed honey ham, with a rich, crispy brown sugar crust
What you’ll need for this recipe:
- Baking dish- I recommend using a baking dish for cooking your ham. You can get a Rectangular Baking Dish here!
- Glazing brush- A sturdy glazing brush that will last, is a key kitchen gadget to own. Grab this Silicone Basting Brush to add to your kitchen utensils!
- Small saucepan- This saucepan is perfect for making your glaze and is great for easy cleanup! You can get yourself a Saucepan here!
If you enjoyed this Brown Sugar Glazed Ham recipe, be sure to check these out:
- Friday at Five (Holiday Edition): Eggnog
- Snowy Christmas Tree Cake
- Thanksgiving Leftover Panini
- Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Ham and Bean Soup
Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 T whole grain mustard
- 2 T dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar, honey, cloves and mustards over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
- Place ham in a baking dish. Brush the ham with the glaze. Spread the remaining ⅔ cup brown sugar over the top of the ham and press to adhere. Drizzle with more glaze.
- Bake for 10 minutes per pound, re-glazing every 20 minutes. Tent with foil if ham begins to brown too much.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.