“Oh. Oh my. Oh wow.”
Such are the phrases hat I uttered when I took my first bite of these bars.
Whether you call it Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies (it seems to be a regional thing), I think everyone can agree that the combination is classic- crispy cereal coated in melted chocolate and peanut butter, then tossed in powdered sugar. How could any kid, or hell- any adult, possibly be expected to resist?
Well, as I tend to do, let’s ramp it up!
What if we combined TWO childhood favorites? What if you took the basic concept of Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies and body slammed it against a Rice Krispie Treat? What would happen? Pure magic, that’s what DOES happen.
If you like these Puppy Chow Rice Krispie Treats, make sure you look at these:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 T butter
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 2 cups regular Rice Krispie cereal
- 2 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter together at 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the marshmallows to the bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir until smooth.
- Pour in the cereals and carefully fold in until evenly combined.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Press the cereal mixture in evenly. Allow to cool.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut into 12 pieces. Spread the confectioners sugar on a plate and coat each square, tapping off the excess.