This Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole is the perfect way to start your day. Throw it together the night before and bake it in the morning!
This post brought to you by Fresh from Florida. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Go Go Go Gourmet.
I pride myself on making dishes that don’t take a lot of time or effort to do. For example, I made this at 11:30 PM one night before going to bed. I relayed this information to a friend, who just said, “You have a cooking addiction.” She might be right. I just can’t get enough blueberries, ever. Last year, Jonathan and I went blueberry picking, which was a fabulous time, even though it was legit 85 degrees by 10 am. You can read all about the saga here, which I have to say, is a pretty good story. I’ll be making sure to take cash this year when we go. Hopefully the baby holds off long enough! Blueberry season is just the best time of year. The weather is warm, it tastes like spring/summer, and best of all- blueberries are so CHEAP!
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 1 lb bakery white bread cut into 1 1/2
- 3 cups blueberries divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- The night before,spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the bread cubes and 2 cups of the blueberries, toss together, and set aside.
- In the bottom of a mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon/potato masher/fork to roughly mash the remaining 1 cup of berries. Add in the sugar and eggs, whisk together. Pour in the milk, vanilla and spices, whisk again.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until morning.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.