A restaurant back in my hometown is legendary for a few things – the margaritas, the salsa and ranch combo for tortilla chips, they’re wet burrito, and their skillet cookie dessert.
Like what you see? Subscribe to Go Go Go Gourmet’s weekly newsletter to keep up on what’s going on around here. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram to see what I’m up to!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch baking powder
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 Oreos chopped
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 6-inch cast-iron skillets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter and dark brown sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla and corn syrup.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and soda over top, stir. Add in the flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos and chocolate chunks.
- Divide the dough between prepared skillets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Top with ice cream while still hot and serve immediately.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Laurie Escamilla says
These Oreo chocolate chip blondie skillets sound amazing and I can’t wait to make them! I was wondering if you knew how they would turn out if I used a 10 inch skillet instead of 2 smaller skillets? And if the ingredients would be different measurements? As a side note (I promise, I’m straight and married I just wanted you to know that you’re a beautiful woman!) Happy baking and thanks for the recipe!
You are so sweet and totally made my day. You can definitely do this in a 10″ skillet, but you’ll have to scale your ingredients to 1.5. The recipe plugin will do that for you if you enter it.
Trisha Phillips says
Hi there! I would love to try in my ten inch, but where is this recipe plugin you are speaking of so I do not murder the recipe? Thanks!
Hi,thank you for this amazing recipe!
I would to ask about replacing the dark brown suger with light brown sugar,is that ok?
That would work for your purposes, and I do frequently without issue 🙂