A restaurant back in my hometown is legendary for a few things – the margaritas, the salsa and ranch combo for tortilla chips, they’re wet burrito, and their skillet cookie dessert.
Oreo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch baking powder
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 Oreos chopped
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 6-inch cast-iron skillets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, cream together the butter and dark brown sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla and corn syrup.
- Sprinkle the baking powder and soda over top, stir. Add in the flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos and chocolate chunks.
- Divide the dough between prepared skillets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Top with ice cream while still hot and serve immediately.