With just a few ingredients and 10 minutes, you can have these Mushroom Balsamic Braised Short Ribs in the oven braising!
The instances of me not wanting to eat anything but cereal for dinner are increasing. Welcome to third trimester.
There have been several instances lately where I take something out of the freezer, thinking it sounded delicious, only to decide several days later that I’d rather die than eat what I originally planned. Such was the case with these short ribs. When the day came to make them, I no longer wanted to make my red-wine braised short ribs (although delicious), so I had to come up with an alternative plan.
Luckily, this is why I thoroughly believe in a well-stocked pantry. I was able to pull together these Mushroom Balsamic Braised Short Ribs in just a few minutes and let it do its thing in the oven while I went about my day. Served over polenta, it was absolutely delicious.
You could absolutely do the same thing in a slow cooker.
If you liked these braised short ribs, check out these other easy dinners:
Mushroom Balsamic Braised Short Ribs
- 5.5 lbs short ribs
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- 1 package onion gravy mix
- 3 – 4.5 oz jar whole mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Add 1 T olive oil to a dutch oven set over medium high heat. Add the short ribs and brown, working in batches if necessary. Remove the browned ribs to a plate and set aside.
- Add the stock, wine and vinegar to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits on the bottom of the wine. Bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the two gravy packets and the mushrooms. Return the short ribs (and any accumulated juices) to the pot, nestling them in the liquid as much as possible.
- Cover the pot and place in preheated oven. Cook for 2 hours.
- Skim off as much fat as possible and serve over polenta.
Join my mailing list to receive my latest recipes to your inbox!
Stacey @ Bake Eat Repeat says
This looks amazing! Love the mushroom/balsamic combo, I’m sure it tastes fantastic. Definitely need to try this soon!
Could this be made in an insta pot electric pressure cooker?
It could be, but I haven’t made short ribs in mine yet, so I don’t know what time to tell you to set it for.