There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a mojito, and this Limoncello Mojito recipe is no exception! With only a few ingredients, you’re on your way to a delicious limoncello mint mojito!
The day that I made all the oysters was a beautiful day. Because I was in a good mood, and I thought I would further enrich the “let’s-pretend-that-we’re-in-Key-West” experience by serving them with mojitos, which is my personal drink of choice at Alonzo’s.
I went and got all my ingredients out, got the glasses read, cut the limes and made simple syrup. I muddled the limes with the mint and the syrup, filled the glasses with ice, and went to get the rum.
There was an annoying small amount left. Evidently my girlfriends and I had a few mojitos when they were in town. No worries, I’ll use gold rum for David’s; he won’t care.
No gold rum.
Well, dammit. I stared blankly into my cabinet. I’ll be damned if I was just going to make a virgin mojito. Then my bottle of limoncello caught my eye. A limoncello mojito.
Hmm… that could be a nice citrus-y take…
Like EVERYTHING I do (*snort*), it was awesome. I immediately ran upstairs to Dave and shoved it in his face.
“Oh my God, you have to try this immediately!”
He raised his eyebrows at me and took a sip. His eyes opened wide.
“Wow. That is REALLY good. Is this for me?”
Tools needed to make these cocktails:
- I like to serve these mojitos in a pretty [easyazon_link identifier=”B00HZFCNIA” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]highball glass[/easyazon_link] like this one. It’s always fun to drink a cocktail out of a fancy glass!
- The only other thing you need for this recipe is a [easyazon_link identifier=”B0129CB6G8″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]muddler[/easyazon_link] to muddle the mint, lime and simple syrup together.
If you liked these easy limoncello mojitos, check out these other refreshing mojito recipes:
- 1/2 lime cut into wedges
- 1/5 oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves stripped from the stems
- 2 oz limoncello
- Club soda
- In a highball glass, add the lime wedges, mint and simply syrup. Use a muddler to mash the three together and combine the flavors.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the limoncello. Top with club soda and stir together. Serve.