This Slow Cooker Italian Chicken is the perfect dish when you just don’t have the time to make dinner! Bone-in chicken gets cooked with just 3 other ingredients to yield tender, juicy chicken in a creamy sauce.
I am always looking for more easy crockpot chicken recipes to pass along to my friends and family- we’re all always so busy! I remembered this Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken that my mom used to make, and thought it would be the perfect recipe to share here today.
It really doesn’t get much easier than this “Italian chicken” recipe- and before I get raked over the coals- yes, I’m aware that this likely isn’t “really” Italian.
The Italian in this recipe refers to the Italian dressing that it’s made with. I like to use the packets of Italian salad dressing mix, but you can definitely use regular salad dressing as well- your sauce will just be a little thinner.
All I have to do is sprinkle a packet of this seasoning over the chicken, dollop with cream of chicken soup, and cook on LOW.
So then about an hour before it’s done, I like to take the chicken out, whisk together the chicken dripping with the soup, then whisk in cubes of cream cheese to melt. Then I replace the chicken and finish cooking.
The result ends up being impossibly tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken in a super creamy sauce that is DIVINE over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice. Its an easy dinner that takes you no more than ten minutes TOPS.
Variations on this recipe:
- I think the next time that I make this, I’m going to add a cup of white wine in from the start to add even more flavor.
- Bonus points if you brown your chicken first, because it keeps the skin from turning to mush. Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t feel like it/have the time/have the energy. We’ve all been there.
- You could definitely definitely also do this in anInstant Pot. I would do 15-20 minutes on the “Meat” or “Poultry” setting.
If you like this Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken, try:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings (Cheddar Bay Biscuits)
- Slow Cooker Amish Beef and Noodles
- Cream of Mushroom Chicken
- 20 Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
- 1 chicken, cut into parts (breast, thigh, leg, win6)
- 1 packet Italian Salad Dressing mix
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes.
- Mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles, for serving
Place chicken in insert of slow cooker. Sprinkle evenly with salad dressing mix and dollop with condensed soup. Spread to cover chicken.
Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
Carefully remove chicken and set aside. Whisk in the cream cheese until incorporated and smooth. Replace the chicken and spoon some of the sauce over top. Cook for 1 hour on LOW.
Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Try browning the chicken pieces in 2 tablespoons olive oil for even better results!