This post brought to you by Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Go Go Go Gourmet.
The best part of summer is spending it with your friends, having a great time. Martin’s wants to make it even easier for you to get together with your favorite people, so they are FULLY SPONSORING a Martin’s Makes Waves (#MartinsMakesWaves) party for one lucky reader!! This prize package will be featuring products from their Famous Potato Rolls line, plus party supplies (!), so you have no excuses! Enter below for a chance to win. Giveaway runs from June 30, 2016 through July 15, 2016. You must enter via the PromoSimple form below. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the newsletter for Go Go Go Gourmet. Winner will be chosen randomly via the PromoSimple form and contacted via the email address they use to enter. Bonus entries are available by following on Instagram (2), Pinterest (1) and Twitter (1). No purchase necessary to enter or win, void where prohibited. Open to US Residents only. Go Go Go Gourmet is not responsible for the delivery of party package.
Blackened Pork Belly with Mango Pineapple Slaw
- 2.5 lb slab meaty pork belly
- 3-4 T blackening seasoning
- 12 oz bag broccoli slaw mix or coleslaw mix
- 1 mango preferably slightly overripe
- 1 pineapple peeled. cored, cut into quarters lengthwise, then sliced horizontally into 1/2" slices
- 2 T pineapple juice
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 bag Martin's Sandwich Potato Rolls
- The night before you plan to make these, score the skin: use a serrated knife to make crossways cuts through the skin (do NOT cut through the meat) about 1" apart. Rub the meaty of the pork belly (not the skin) with blackening seasoning. Dry the skin with a paper tower. Place in fridge uncovered.
- An hour before cooking, remove from fridge.
- Preheat an oven to 425F. Pat the skin dry with paper towel again. Place on a wire rack set inside a baking tray (lined with foil for easier cleanup).
- Transfer to oven and roast for 30 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350, sprinkle skin with blackening seasoning. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- While the pork is resting, make the slaw. Peel the mango and finely chop. Add it to a bowl large enough to toss the slaw in, and mash with a fork. Add the pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar; stir to combine. Add the slaw mix and toss until evenly combined.
- Slice the pork into 1/2" slices. To assemble: Place 2 slices of pork on a potato bun, Top with 2 slices of fresh pineapple and a pile of slaw. Add a couple sprigs of cilantro and top with the other bun.