If you’ve ever wondered how to make banana chocolate chip muffins, this is the best banana chocolate chip muffins recipe! Simple, delicious and super moist, these muffins would be a great way to start your weekend!
Dave had been eyeing the bananas on the counter for about three days. The hints went from subtle- “How many bananas does it take to make banana bread? Is it easy? Can I do it?” to the not-so-subtle- “Hmm. The bananas are still there and the house doesn’t smell like muffins.”
I finally made some, but since I was so pleased with the result of my cookie creation experiment, I wanted to come up with my own recipe. I looked at my recipe for banana bread, and thought about what needed to be changed in order to turn it into an excellent muffin recipe. These were delicious, moist, and not overly sweet (even with the chocolate chips).
Equipment needed to make these delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00004OCJK” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Masher[/easyazon_link] – This potato masher can double as a banana masher for this recipe!
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00LGLHUA0″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Mixing Bowls[/easyazon_link] – A good set of mixing bowls is good for so many recipes, including these muffins.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01AYJ8BXY” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Muffin Liners[/easyazon_link] – Using muffin liners helps to keep your cleaning to a minimum. Plus, they make your muffins look even better!
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B003W0UMPI” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]Muffin Pan[/easyazon_link] – This is one of my favorite muffin pans for recipes like this.
If you liked these simple Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, you’ll also love these recipes:
Weekend Brunch: Banana Chocolate-Chip Muffins
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix together melted butter and mashed bananas. Mix in the sugars, egg and vanilla. Mix in the baking soda and salt, then add in the flour. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into a 12-well muffin pan lined with paper liners. Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean (or more likely, coated in deliciously melted chocolate).