If you need an easy and delicious desert, this Nutella banana bread recipe is perfect! It is great for the whole family to enjoy!
There’s been a lot of Nutella action on the site lately. Truth is, I have a massive jar in the pantry that I’m trying to use up, so I’m getting creative lately.
When my desire to clean out the pantry lined up with a batch of overripe bananas on the counter (because we live in Florida and bananas ripen at a rate that is 200% over normal), I adapted my Banana Bread with Streusel Topping recipe to make this one bowl Nutella Banana Bread.
Its unfortunate that it was so good, because I am positive that now I will have to buy another jar of Nutella and make it again, and I’ll be no closer to clearing out the pantry than I was before.
Short and sweet today, not much to say. Mix it up in under 10 minutes, only a bowl and a spoon to clean- its the ultimate recipe for everyone that is as tired as I am right now. Also, your house smells amazing while its baking.
Hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day weekend!
Nutella Banana Bread
- 3 overripe bananas
- 5 T butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in microwave in a large mixing bowl. Add the bananas, mash with back of spoon, and mix to combine.
- Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add in the flour and stir until incorporated.
- Scoop the chocolate hazelnut spread into a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour half of the banana mixture into prepared loaf pan. pour half the melted spread across the top. Add the remainder of the batter, then top with the rest of the chocolate spread. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella and banana mixture together.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Cover the bread if it begins to get too brown on top. Cool to warm before serving.