I promised you all a great side dish recipe, and I never go back on my word.
Smoked Gouda Polenta
- 1 tube ready-made polenta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups smoked gouda cheese shredded
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 T butter
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the polenta, breaking it up as much as possible using a potato masher, wooden spoon, or whisk.
- Pour in the milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Whisk occasionally, until the polenta and milk have come together and are totally smooth.
- Add in 1/3 of the cheese and stir until totally melted and combined. Repeat twice to incorporate the rest of the cheese.
- Remove from the heat. Season with the pepper and stir in the butter. Add more milk if the mixture is too thick after sitting for a few minutes, and serve.