I really can’t stop looking at these pictures. When I set this up and started shooting, I was nearly mesmerized by all the combinations of fall jewel tones in this dish.
I love the produce that comes around in fall- the apples and pears just taste BETTER- crisper, juicier, brighter. I just can’t get enough.
I love Waldorf salad tremendously, but I thought that perhaps it deserved a fall version. Let those flavors shine!
I used a plethora of different fruits, vegetables and accompaniments- including some of the leftover candied pecans from this cheesecake. This was delicious, and I immediately trotted half of it over to my neighbors. I got a text about 45 minutes later- “That fruit was DELICIOUS!”
I always appreciate a rave review.
Fall Waldorf Salad
- 2 apples chopped into 3/4" chunks
- 2 pears chopped into 3/4" chunks
- 2 stalks celery 1/4" sliced crosswise
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup chopped cinnamon sugar pecans
- 1 T honey
- 2 T mayo
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 2 T apple cider
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Toss together all fruit and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mayo, yogurt, cider and vinegar until smooth. Pour over fruit and toss to combine.