Posted by https://www.gogogogourmet.com/easy-instant-pot-meatloaf-and-mashed-potatoes/
© 2019 Go Go Go Gourmet. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup ketchup, dividded
- 2 eggs
- 2 T worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 5-6 large russet potoates
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cream or milk
- Plate innere pot into pressure cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, bread crumbs, ½ cup ketchup, eggs, worcestershire, 1¼ tsp salt, ¾ tsp pepper, beef, veal and pork. Mix with your hands until just combined.
- Transfer meat mixture to a 2 lb loaf pan and set aside.
- Peel potatoes; dice into 1 1/2" pieces. Add potatoes to bottom of pressure cooker inner pot and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Place loaf pan on top of potatoes. Lock lid in place and make sure vent is set to SEAL.
- Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release remaining pressure. Remove loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining 1/4 cup ketchup with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Spread over top of meatloaf. Broil in oven for 5-7 minutes while you finish the potatoes.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes and butter together in inner pot. NOTE: I did not have any water left in my pot, if you do, feel free to drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Use a hand mixer to whip potatoes, adding up to 1 cup of cream of milk to achieve your preferred texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Loading nutrition data...