Posted by https://www.gogogogourmet.com/creamy-chicken-wild-rice-soup/
© 2015 Go Go Go Gourmet. All rights reserved.
Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 whole chicken, cut into quarters 8 quarts water 1 medium onion, chopped 4 ribs celery, sliced in half lengthwise 1 carrot, chopped 2 cloves, garlic 3 T butter 3 T flour 3 cups milk 2 boxes Original Recipe Wild Rice
- 1 whole chicken, cut into quarters
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 boxes Uncle Ben's Original Recipe Wild Rice
- Add the water and chicken pieces to a large pot over medium-high heat. Bring up to a simmer and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pot. Continue to cook until the chicken is very tender and the vegetables are soft, approximately another 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Add the rice and seasoning packets to the pot. Stir together.
- In a separate small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook off the raw flour taste. Slowly whisk in the milk. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and allow it to thicken slightly. Using a ladle, spoon approximately 1 cup of the broth mixture into the milk and stir together. Then pour all of the thickened milk mixture into the large pot, stir, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Remove the chicken from the bone and roughly shred.
- Add the chicken back into the large pot and stir together. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and the soup has thickened to a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Loading nutrition data...