Have you seen this recipe blowing up your Facebook news feed like I have?
I wanted to make this as soon as I saw it, but I still had cake left over from the other day, and I didn’t really want two different delish baked goods around (I don’t have a winter coat to hide any extra pounds under this year, after all!), and I have limited self control when it comes to fall flavor profiles.
However, after the third different person shared it, I decided that my willpower was gone and it needed to be mixed up that afternoon. The recipe came from Kristy over at Sweet Treats & More (original recipe here). It was a great intro into the fall baking season, so thanks for the great inspiration!
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6tbs butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon, combined
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, pumpkin, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder, and stir in. Add in flour, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into greased pan. Place in preheated oven; bake for 20-23 minutes, or until a toothpick tester is removed cleanly.
- Spread the top of the warm cake with butter. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.