This light Crispy Belgian Waffles recipe will make any breakfast or brunch a hit! Make perfect belgian waffles every time with this easy recipe!
Sometimes kitchen mistakes turn into happy surprises. This recipe was born out of such a situation. I inherited this recipe from a friend of mine, but it made too many waffles for just my husband and I, so I always cut it in half. I’m 100% sure that I’m not the only person that this has happened to, but one Sunday morning I was mentally cutting back the recipe, when I realized that I had cut everything in half-except the baking powder. I considered scrapping it all, but eggs were running at a premium that morning, and I didn’t have enough to start over. So I went with it and decided to see what I ended up with.
I LOVE THESE WAFFLES!
They are my perfect Crispy Belgian Waffles! They are just a touch crispy on the outside, but fluffy inside. I adore them and I will never try another recipe. The best part of these is, I no longer have to cut it in half– they freeze great, and reheat beautifully in the toaster oven! Move over, Eggo.
Tools needed to make crispy waffles from scratch:
- Obviously you are going to need a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000TYBWIG” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]waffle iron[/easyazon_link]!
- It also helps to have a [easyazon_link identifier=”B003L0OOVW” locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]ladle[/easyazon_link] or large spoon to evenly pour the batter into the iron.
- If you plan to make a big batch to freeze and reheat when needed, make sure to use a [easyazon_link identifier=”B0000A1ZN1″ locale=”US” tag=”gogogogo03-20″]toaster[/easyazon_link] for reheating.
If you liked these light and crispy belgian waffles, check out these other delicious breakfast treats:
- Crispy and Thin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Crispy Chicken and Waffles with Sriracha Honey
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Waffles
Sunday Brunch Edition: Belgian Waffles
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- I T baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick butter melted (can reduce to 2/3 stick)
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- Combine eggs, milk and melted butter, then add in dry ingredients.
- Preheat a waffle iron on medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and ladle in batter. Cook until golden brown.
- To freeze: Let cool completely, then freeze. Reheat in toaster.